No Kale wash in " Tried and Proven"?

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

No Kale wash in " Tried and Proven"?

Postby Grumpydude » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:13 pm

I cannot believe that there is not a Kale based wash in "Tried and Proven". I've been running this great neutral recipe for years. I tried the TPW and it has a twang to it that just doesn't sit with me. I've seen other members discuss Kale recipes and I can't believe it's not "Proven". If you give this a try you will not regret it.Here's my recipe.
11 kgs Dextrose, 250 grams Blitzed Kale,pinch Epsom salts, 200 grams Lowans bread yeast. Dissolve dextrose in hot water. Add Kale and Epsom salts. Fill to 50 litre mark on fermenter at 30 degrees. Add rehydrated yeast. Ferment and run over 5 plates and a 500mm packed section. If you don't have a bubble plate, strip and spirit run. Make good cuts, no filtering required. Give it a go it's well worth it.
Grumpydude

equipment: Pure Distilling Rig, Home made 2inch Pot Still. FSD Neutraliser, 50 litre Milk Can, Kegerator. Carter head.

Return to Recipe Development