schnapps-recipes

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Re: schnapps-recipes

Postby Kimbo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:20 pm

I replaced the fruit in mine tonight, the alcohol now looks like blood and is tasting pretty bloody good :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby khourj » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:42 am

so you just replaced it with more strawberries?

I've left mine in... they'll pack a punch later ... :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
khourj

equipment: 50L SS Keg with 2" Copper Pot Still

Postby Kimbo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:22 pm

khourj wrote:so you just replaced it with more strawberries?

I've left mine in... they'll pack a punch later ... :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Yep,more strawberries. I wasnt planning to eat the fruit later, just drink the piss ;-)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

Postby khourj » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Kimbo wrote:
khourj wrote:so you just replaced it with more strawberries?

Yep,more strawberries. I wasnt planning to eat the fruit later, just drink the piss ;-)

LOL! Mine tasted like piss before I added some sugar!! LOL!! Much better...

I've also started a Plum liquor process. I've used 1Ltr of Neutral @ 50% and 1kg or preserver plums (bought them from Woolies/safeway). I just sampled and it's a winner! BOOM!
khourj

Postby Kimbo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Here it is, a couple of these and i reckon my panties will drop pretty quick :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
All dressed up and nowhere to go! 8-}
2012-09-26 20.47.26.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

Postby Camikaze » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Anyone tried one with watermelon? Or any melons for that matter?

Honeydew melon would be good. Better than Midori anyways. :puke-huge:
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Postby khourj » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:12 am

Kimbo wrote:Here it is, a couple of these and i reckon my panties will drop pretty quick :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
All dressed up and nowhere to go! 8-}
2012-09-26 20.47.26.jpg

That's looks good. I'm going to leave mine for another few weeks. I've put a new set of fresh strawberries in so I'll let them settle before bottling.
khourj

schnapps-recipes

Postby Lupus » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:04 am

You guys are seriously making me wish I had a set up ready to go! :) would love to start trying to infuse various flavours.

Out of curiosity, how difficult is it to strain the fruit pieces out of the final product? Specially if as I suspect, all the fruit pieces would begin to disintegrate after prolonged soaking in alcohol.
Lupus

equipment: Total N00bie with lst to learn

Postby khourj » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:45 am

Lupus wrote:You guys are seriously making me wish I had a set up ready to go! :) would love to start trying to infuse various flavours.

Out of curiosity, how difficult is it to strain the fruit pieces out of the final product? Specially if as I suspect, all the fruit pieces would begin to disintegrate after prolonged soaking in alcohol.

When I started my strawberries I left most of them whole and the large berries I cut in half. When I removed them the other day after a few weeks they were still intact but very fragile. I just used a large spoon to carefully pluck them out of the jar.
khourj

Previous

Return to Recipe Development