Vodka

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Re: Vodka

Postby blond.chap » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:09 am

bt1 wrote:I told the bloke I was after "fresh" new season wheat...in a full office full of ppl including two mates, he burst into laughter...

"f^&k mate (in deep accent) they keep the shit in silos for years how the f&*k do you expect to get fresh" or words to that effect.

Don't you love that mentality of "what? you don't know everything that I know, you must be a moron"
blond.chap

equipment: Paris Stillton (4" perforated bubbler)

Postby crow » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:47 am

A lot of farmers sell screenings by the bag after harvest. These are pinched or cracked grain perfect for what you want , I don't know how much but a few yrs ago it was $10 a bag , Damn good price if you ask me . Oh yeah and it will be fresh as they like to quit it quick so as not to attract vermin :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby ptedan2001 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi guys, just started taking up producing, just wondering if anyone can just give me a basic vodka recipe
I just want to make a clean clear vodka, but will infuse fruits later.
If anyone could just write down a hood mash for me I would appreciate it.
ptedan2001

equipment: pot still 10 gallon

Postby Sam. » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:13 pm

ptedan2001 wrote:Hi guys, just started taking up producing, just wondering if anyone can just give me a basic vodka recipe

How about popping over the welcome centre bud and introducing yourself :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Vodka

Postby BackyardBrewer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:26 pm

ptedan2001 wrote:Hi guys, just started taking up producing, just wondering if anyone can just give me a basic vodka recipe

Mate you want the TPW or tomato paste wash.
viewtopic.php?t=8#p11

There's also those who recommend a weetbix wash or a pumpkin wash. Both are more effort and more cost than I reckon a neutral spirit you're using for flavouring with fruit is worth.
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby Matt S » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:16 pm

DId a blind tasting of my vodka against Belvedere, and myself and all four of my mates chose mine as the better tasting. The all thought it was belvedere and so did I! This was drinking it on the rocks.

INCREDIBLE :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Matt S

equipment: Pot Still- Mac made
VM Still-Mac made

Postby SBB » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:42 pm

Im not a vodka drinker, but Ive given this a bit of thought as i have friends who do like the stuff, Whats wrong with doing a UJ style wash, sugar and wheat, no other grains. would it not give a similar effect? From the reading Ive done wheat will add some taste and mouth feel to the final spirit. As Ive already said I know SFA about vodkas, just a thought.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Previous

Return to Recipe Development