banana rum

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

banana rum

Postby invisigoth » Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 am

do do dododo! (think muppets here :)) )

so the banana tree with the bunch on it was blown over by the wind not long ago. the bananas were still green, but a reasonable size for what we get from our trees. they are ripening and will be ready soon. there isn't really enough for a batch of banana brandy, so i first thought to bolster with sugar and do a faux brandy. but then i decided that white sugar is really boring, and decided to throw blackstrap at it instead. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

so the plan: nanas supposedly have a sugar level of 20% or so a table i'd read claimed. i'll assume it's closer to 15% and based on that once i know what weight of fruit i have once they have all ripened (preferably nearly black), i'll use that to substitute the sugar from the fruit for the sugar in either mac's recipe or hookline's. sound like a plan? :shifty:
invisigoth

equipment: bte cm reflux head
5l pure distilling pot still
t500 boiler +extra pure distilling lid
diy phase angle controller
diy output extension tube+parrot
3 plate modular macbubbler

Re: banana rum

Postby Cane Toad » Thu May 23, 2013 6:33 am

Sounds like a plan Stan,just got to watch nanas parently,high in potassium or some such :think: and from what I've read can affect the goodness that we here chase,could be wrong tho x_x x_x
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Re: banana rum

Postby Urrazeb » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Did this go ahead goth?
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Return to Recipe Development