Deathwish Wheat Germ DWWG Recipe Discussion

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Re: Deathwish Wheat Germ DWWG Recipe Discussion

Postby Otago Elvis » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:28 pm

Min, I've done a few of these over the years and never encountered a brown oil/residue. Sounds like a wheat germ puke of sorts :think: . Either way, don't let it worry you, it's only a stripping run and impurities like that will get cleaned up in your spirit run :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Otago Elvis

equipment: Potstill

Postby Minijcw » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:03 pm

The spirit run turned out very nice. I did get a big surprise with a very sweet bag of lollies type flavour in the middle of the hearts. Overall the flavour seemed very good, got some on oak now for xmas day to enjoy with my dad.
Minijcw

equipment: 4inch 5 star pot still on a keg. Copperhead pot still

Postby robduca » Wed May 30, 2018 2:38 am

Going to give this recipe a try. Wondering what people with bubblers reccomend. Im hoping for a single run.
4 plates, 5 plates, 5 plates and packed section?

Cheers
Rob
robduca

equipment: 5 Star modular 4" 5 plate bubbler with 500mm packed section on 50L keg boiler!!

Postby db1979 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:20 am

Depends on what you want to make. If you want to age it on the oak, 4 plates max. If you want neutral, as many plates and packed sections as you can.
db1979

equipment: Eve - 4" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (sieve plates), 330 mm packed section on a keg boiler with 2 x 2000 W elements.
Currently having a makeover: 2" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (1" bubble caps, no sight glasses...maybe not for much longer!) on a bain-marie boiler.

Postby VirtualT » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:51 pm

Made this almost a year ago, was oaked and is breathing in glass. I have to say I'm not overly impressed with this compared to other sugar heads I've tried like cornflake W and Nutrigrain W. Still really deciding what to do with this, its not bad by any means, in fact quite smooth, it just has a very strong wheaty flavor, which again is not that bad just different and maybe a bit weird lol. Could be great mixed with coke or maybe used for blending???

Edit: Actually it is mighty fine mixed with coke.
Last edited by VirtualT on Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VirtualT

equipment: 2" boka and 2" pot head

Previous

Return to Recipe Development