Was Popeye Correct?

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Re: Was Popeye Correct?

Postby Urrazeb » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:13 pm

Nice work T, I remember a bloke doing this from a while back and have seen he is still up to it

Keen to hear the results :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby EziTasting » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:41 am

Teddysad wrote:Next week for a full couple of ferments

Looking for a specific post ... came across this oldie! Teddy, did you ever collect the end result? or did this one give way to your FFV research?

BY THE WAY: Nice recipe that FFV! :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby Teddysad » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:21 pm

Digging up an old experiment.
The gardener has produced a nice crop of spinach.
I have currently a number of “Popeye “ washes underway which have resulted in a very nice neutral.
With a new gin head arrived for the still I will be experimenting in a range of gin nixes
Top of the list is to use kaffir lime. The leaves are used in Thai cooking and the limes themselves have a lovely flavour.
Current popular tipple is TFFV with Tonic and a slice of Kaffir lime so a gin should follow
Rosemary is also prolific. As well as basil.
The plan is to use as much homegrown botanicals as possible
Teddysad

equipment: FSD 4"SSG with packed column 50l Boiler keg. Alex 25 for smaller scale runs

Previous

Return to Recipe Development