Kale neutral.

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Re: Kale neutral.

Postby wynnum1 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:40 am

Gac fruit
Gac fruit is the Vietnamese super food that delivers powerful antioxidant health benefits and is quickly growing in one of the favorites in Western diets for people that want to eat foods that fuel their bodies with the most abundant nutrients. The fruit only ripens for a few months out of the year – September to January
wynnum1

Postby EziTasting » Sun May 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Aussiedownunder01 wrote:With a pub and a brothel in town why would you want to waste time distilling :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I'm in this for quality, not quantity. Did all that when I was younger, cost me a fantastic memory - too high a price! I realise a little too late...

I want to make a Rum, a Whisky that I can sip neat w. splash of cold water that I can enjoy, that makes me forget the day I've had while watching the sun go down...
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby EziTasting » Sun May 15, 2016 12:51 pm

wynnum1 wrote:Gac fruit

Gac fruit, aye?!?! Sounds so ... delicious... Will investigate...
EziTasting

Postby Zzpop » Sun May 15, 2016 1:31 pm

I have stripped both my washes for comparison 1x12.5 ltrs kale and 1x12.5 lts wheatgerm both fermented side by side and finished about the same time results are nearly identical both resulted in 3.2 lts at 45%.wheat germ finished a bit drier but to be fair I was still getting a bubble a minute from the kale but I wanted to run them today.googe is definetly on a winner with this wash a lot less hassle than wheatgerm same result.Low wines from both smelt quite good
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zzpop

equipment: Boka and pot
4" 4 perf plate column +50lt boiler

Postby googe » Sun May 15, 2016 3:23 pm

Good stuff wobbly, when you running it?. another option could be other veggies ezitasting. Some.have tried spinach etc. I've done a veggie scrap wash, juiced left over veg scraps and did similar wash to this one. I did a run with it through 3 plates but no.packed section, never got around to rerunning IT, got.lost in the system lol. Cool zzpop, thanks for doing a comparison, interesting there similar!. Are you going to spirit run them.separate?.
googe

equipment: Single.plate cm

Postby Zzpop » Sun May 15, 2016 3:55 pm

Nah have mixed them together now will do a 40 ltr run through bubbler when I have enough.might be my imagination but kale low wines seemed to have less bite in the nose if you know what I mean (smoother?)
Zzpop

equipment: Boka and pot
4" 4 perf plate column +50lt boiler

Postby googe » Sun May 15, 2016 4:11 pm

Sounds right, that's what I've always noticed, less bite, smoother :handgestures-thumbupleft:
googe

Postby wil » Sun May 15, 2016 8:19 pm

hey googe sorry about the late reply mate. I've been a bit busy lately to do anything but it pretty much stopped two days ago & I wont be able to do anything for about another three days so Im guessing it will be 990 at least. I start four days off on Tuesday so probably run it Wednesday. will give a report on the run yield, cuts etc. really looking forward to this run as it fermented out in six seven days I recon which is four to five weeks quicker than TPW with EC1118 so just hope its as good or better if possible. :handgestures-thumbupleft: should be nice & clear by Wednesday too.
cheers
Wil
wil

equipment: 4" FSD Blockhead Neutralizer on a 50L keg boiler with FSD 2400Watt element

Postby Wobblyboot » Mon May 16, 2016 6:05 pm

It doesn't seem to have changed much, will strip it and then run it thru t500 later in week. Should be last time I use t500 as almost have all the parts for my bubbler.
Wobblyboot

equipment: 4" glass bubbler

Postby EziTasting » Mon May 16, 2016 8:21 pm

Wobblyboot wrote:It doesn't seem to have changed much, will strip it and then run it thru t500 later in week. Should be last time I use t500 as almost have all the parts for my bubbler.

Got a build thread? Whatchabuilding??
EziTasting

Postby Wobblyboot » Mon May 16, 2016 8:39 pm

EziTasting wrote:
Wobblyboot wrote:It doesn't seem to have changed much, will strip it and then run it thru t500 later in week. Should be last time I use t500 as almost have all the parts for my bubbler.

Got a build thread? Whatchabuilding??

Haha not building, got far too much other things to do, been looking for long time and thought that would take up too much of my time after making pot still. I like glassers but wanted it modular, will put some pics up when I'm doing vinegar stroke :teasing-tease:
Wobblyboot

Postby EziTasting » Mon May 16, 2016 8:50 pm

Wobblyboot wrote:Haha not building, got far too much other things to do, been looking for long time and thought that would take up too much of my time after making pot still. I like glassers but wanted it modular, will put some pics up when I'm doing vinegar stroke :teasing-tease:

I wanted a modular but my partner was adamant about a glasser, so we went with his choice as he was helping me get financial this century! Not unhappy with compromise, in any way... too busy learning how to use it and how to make decent washes...
EziTasting

Postby Wobblyboot » Mon May 16, 2016 9:12 pm

I'm going a modular glass 5 plate with 500mm copper packed to do my whiskeys as well as neutrals. I'm almost there but the kale will be last run with t500 so will be able to judge it against what Iv done before.
Wobblyboot

Postby EziTasting » Thu May 19, 2016 2:25 pm

:dance: :happy-partydance: found a 'Kale Combo' seedling punnet at a small backyard nursery!!! :happy-partydance: :dance:
EziTasting

Postby googe » Fri May 20, 2016 6:44 am

Good luck wil :handgestures-thumbupleft: . Well done ezitasting :handgestures-thumbupleft:
googe

Postby wil » Fri May 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Ok stillers ran the kale wash a few days ago all good :handgestures-thumbupleft: , did my cuts today the results were;from a 45 L wash -Heads 1.2L hearts 2L tails 800ml :happy-partydance: .don't remember doing an SG but it finished at least 990 or lower so pretty happy with that.What's your verdict Googe sound ok to you? smells ok, tastes like good clean alc so I will definately do a side by side comparison with TPW at drinking strength but with the much faster ferment time its a winner for me.
Thanks again for sharing your recipe googe. ^:)^
cheers
Wil
wil

equipment: 4" FSD Blockhead Neutralizer on a 50L keg boiler with FSD 2400Watt element

Postby googe » Fri May 20, 2016 5:58 pm

Glad it went ok wil :handgestures-thumbupleft: . What abv was your cuts?. I suck at working out amounts, have to refer to calcs lol.
googe

Postby wil » Fri May 20, 2016 8:44 pm

Hey googe it comes off mostly at about 92-94% @ 1.2 to 1.5 ltrs an hour & once it gets down to around 85% it starts into tails I recon as the abv quickly drops & then I do my cuts 2 days later as per the Kiwistillers guide so not really based on abv coming off the still but im interested in hearing how you do your cuts.
cheers
Wil
wil

Postby googe » Sat May 21, 2016 10:21 am

Sounds about what I do wil, I tend to be bad at heads cut, don't take enough heads out lol, I've always struggled with the transitions!. I don't mind a little heads in neutral though, gives the liqeurs a bit of bite lol. What are you going to do with it?.
googe

Postby EziTasting » Sat May 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Hah, I like to get rid of the bite, personally! Bad enough SWMBO bites me...
EziTasting

PreviousNext

Return to Recipe Development