Pure distilling ultra pure thingy that makes things pure

This area is for topics only related to home brew shop products for distilling, a place for the novice to use as a safe haven from the anti brew shop brigade.

Re: Pure distilling ultra pure thingy that makes things pure

Postby skurvy84 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:14 am

Oh ok, that makes sense, ive got enough for a few weeks now anyway so I'll age what i have left for alsong as i can leave it.

Fermenting a FFV currently and since im on nightshift should clear up pretty nicely by the time i get around to running it.

Heading to perth in December so I'll pick up a demi john and a few items on the way back home to really get into the stripping/spirit routine.
skurvy84

equipment: Basic still spirits super reflux junker detuned, Pure Distilling Ultra reflux, keg boiler and pot still in the build process

Postby skurvy84 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:32 am

Picked up two kegs from the scrap yard here in town, apparently he can't get rid of them, 3 pallets stacked two kegs high. No one in towns interested in them, not even the kiwis. He wanted $50 each but seemed pretty happy with $50 for two. Start collecting bits and bobs for my boiler now than onto the modular pot.

Have asked in another thread but will ask the same here, will my still spirits super reflux detuned into a potstill be effective enough for me to experiment and enjoy the flavoured washes like nutrigrain, macrum and CFW?.
skurvy84

equipment: Basic still spirits super reflux junker detuned, Pure Distilling Ultra reflux, keg boiler and pot still in the build process

Postby wynnum1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:48 am

Are they the ones with names on them had the same thing in Brisbane ones found in skip bins and the owner of the kegs wanted returned for free.
wynnum1

Postby skurvy84 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:50 am

Yeah they do have names on them, however he happily issues a receipt, with the description of the keg and i think some kind of keg number. Im not to concerned giving the town i live in, and I've been watching 6 kegs sit in the one place for 2 years behind the museum, next to the highway.
skurvy84

Postby wynnum1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:32 am

Do not think they can legally sell but does show that you did not go and steal but do not put a photo on Internet showing brand .
wynnum1

Postby P3T3rPan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:30 pm

skurvy84 wrote: No one in towns interested in them, not even the kiwis.

Steady cobber. :D :laughing-rolling:
P3T3rPan

equipment: Self made 100mm copper,6 perforated plates plus packed section on 50L ss keg
60L fermenters. Offset Carter Head
3v beer rig

Postby skurvy84 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:59 pm

P3T3rPan wrote:
skurvy84 wrote: No one in towns interested in them, not even the kiwis.

Steady cobber. :D :laughing-rolling:

Haha no offence intended at all. There is a massive community here, always involved in stuff, having community days etc. I figured they would be making hangis etc.

I plan on it, once i built my boiler of course.
skurvy84

Previous

Return to Distillation for beginners using HBS products