Pure Distilling Reflux Build?

This area is for topics only related to home brew shop products for distilling, a place for the novice to use as a safe haven from the anti brew shop brigade.

Pure Distilling Reflux Build?

Postby Juzz81 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:57 am

Hi All,

I have been using a friends Pure Distilling Reflux for a while now and was going to purchase my own before I read some people’s views that the column isn’t tall enough and maybe a reason why I always double distill (with cuts) to ect a clean product without filtering.
Also people say the still head is very overpriced and to consider building something better for less $$$$.

If this is true, can someone point me in the right direction for plans to build that will give as good or better results?

Thanks in advance
Juzz81

equipment: Pure Distilling Reflux

Re: Pure Distilling Reflux Build?

Postby TasSpirits » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi Mate, I would search Boka Builds, pretty sure that's what the PD is. Here is a good place to start.viewforum.php?f=8 If I've got it wrong, I'm sure someone will set you straight. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
TasSpirits

equipment: Some FSD Gear as well as some home-made

Re: Pure Distilling Reflux Build?

Postby Juzz81 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Cheers for the reply, that link didnt seem to work but if thats what the PD unit is, a boka, then I will have a look through the site and see what I can find, assuming that a build will be better or maybe cheaper than a PD unit .

Cheers :)
Juzz81

equipment: Pure Distilling Reflux

Return to Distillation for beginners using HBS products