Well Now..how about that.

This area is for topics only related to home brew shop products for distilling, a place for the novice to use as a safe haven from the anti brew shop brigade.

Well Now..how about that.

Postby JOHNYWALKER » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Gday Guys and Gals

Well did the wash,adding of turbo carbon,the turbo clearing, stilling, did the ezi filtering twice over with new cartriges every time. Added the essence and enjoyed a day on the beach with the kids sucking on whisky and water.

Now this(johny walker red(store bought) would have usully given me a brainpain the next day. But it seams that my own creation has not done this????

Any thoughts on "Is your home made whisky healther for you that stor bought JW Red lable.

Cheers
JohnyW
JOHNYWALKER

equipment: 60l FERMENTATION CONTAINER
REFLUX STILL

Re: Well Now..how about that.

Postby Cane Toad » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:47 pm

That's right JW,none to very little forehead cramping,if cuts are done correctly,commercial stuff=heads,hearts and tails,our stuff=hearts :handgestures-thumbupleft: but be warned,it doesn't mean that you won't get a cramp :o drink enough and it's still there,although not quite to the extent,I should know,I tried on Saturday night :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby crow » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Scary thing is , feeling crook use to be my way of knowing I'd had enough . Had to adopt a new way now , fall on my ear can't reach my drink from down here guess I've had enough for tonight :roll:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby audistiller » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Cupcake wrote:I should know,I tried on Saturday night

And every other Friday & Saturday night I bet.

I wanted to try the TPW by now, but I haven't yet. Its rumoured that its not very hard on the head as most others so I look forward to trying it.
audistiller

equipment: 2x 30L Fermenters
T500 Reflux Still with a spare Reflux Column

Postby Linny » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:57 pm

JOHNYWALKER wrote:Gday Guys and Gals

Well did the wash,adding of turbo carbon,the turbo clearing, stilling, did the ezi filtering twice over with new cartriges every time. Added the essence and enjoyed a day on the beach with the kids sucking on whisky and water.

Now this(johny walker red(store bought) would have usully given me a brainpain the next day. But it seams that my own creation has not done this????

Any thoughts on "Is your home made whisky healther for you that stor bought JW Red lable.

Cheers
JohnyW

I have also found that the homebrew doesnt give that killer hang over ... also alot smoother too , scary part is that its very easy to drink too much since it usually goes down like water, might have to cut the glycerine down next time to make it bite a bit more harder , would probably make it easier to judge drinks :teasing-tease: which i found out on a work night just this week LOL :-D
Linny

equipment: 4 Plate 3" Glass Bubbler - 50L Boiler
50L BIAB Temp Controlled Mash Tun

3" Carter Head Soon to Come

Return to Distillation for beginners using HBS products