Anyone heard anything about these!

This area is for topics only related to home brew shop products for distilling, a place for the novice to use as a safe haven from the anti brew shop brigade.

Anyone heard anything about these!

Postby Tsv Stiller » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:03 pm

http://www.ibrew.com.au/collections/dis ... ll-5-litre

On the hunt for a suitable start up still and am not interested in building one and want to stay away from the T500.

Would love to hear of T500 alternatives and your experiences, i found this little pot still on Ibrew but never heard of them so not sure on the still itself.

Cheers Linc
Tsv Stiller

equipment: 2" Pot still (JayD Special)
50 liter Keg boiler
2400w electric element with Voltage controller

Re: Anyone heard anything about these!

Postby blond.chap » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Depends what booze you want to make. I used one of these for a while and they work, but you can get much better value by talking to JayD or Mac. Work out what kind of still you want first though (pot, packed column, plated column).

If you're keen to get one of these commercial stills, the pure distilling range aren't bad.
blond.chap

equipment: Paris Stillton (4" perforated bubbler)

Postby Tsv Stiller » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks Mate,

Yeah i was planning on getting one of Mac's pot still's but i left it to late and he doesnt sell them anymore. I will PM Jayd and see what he has.

Cheers
Tsv Stiller

50 liter Keg boiler

Postby Cane Toad » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:55 pm

What sort of booze are you looking to make Linc? This will decide on what sort of still you are gunna need :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby Bushy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Hey tsv,
Give jayd a hoy mate. He will sort you out. If you buy one of those five litre jobbys we're gonna find out where you live and throw a blanket over you and.....oops.
Bushy

equipment: 50l keg boiler with 5Star 3600 watt element
4 inch plated column. 4 perf plates.
Lava Rock Behemoth

Postby Tsv Stiller » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Haha Thanks Guys,

Placing my order for a still with JayD today and my heating element from Mac, now just gotta find a Keg and i will be in business.
Tsv Stiller

50 liter Keg boiler

Postby drunkmore » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:18 am

If your in Brissy area. Apple of my eye is selling some gear You might be interested in

Apple-O-Me-Eye wrote:Like I said in the dunder pit, my wife has recently been diagnosed with a rare and life threatening medical condition and we are being forced to restructure our lives, and, as a consequence, all my gear must go. It might not be pretty but it all works like a charm. There is my screw in pot still head, leibeg condenser with hoses, 3, 50l kegs and a 100l mod that I haven't had a chance to get around to making functional, all my empty flagons and my 3 ring burner and all my loose copper. I'm not too sure what a fair price for these would be but if the mods want to chime in and set a starting price that would be awesome.

Sorry I haven't learned to paste poste links yet
drunkmore

equipment: Pda1 over a 50ltr Keg cooled via recirculated 2000 ltr water tank
Cookan with Gass

Postby znipa-x » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Bushy wrote:Hey tsv,
Give jayd a hoy mate. He will sort you out. If you buy one of those five litre jobbys we're gonna find out where you live and throw a blanket over you and.....oops.

I'd better hide then :teasing-neener: , I just replace my original exposed element 5 litre boiler with the newer version shown and whacked my original still spirits reflux column on it, thinking of getting one of the pictured pot versions to use with it as well on the old boiler to start to experiment with using a pot version. A 5 litre run is plenty when you don't have all day to run the thing, can do it in the same time it takes to knock up the weekly homebrew and keg :teasing-tease:
znipa-x

Postby r.c.barstud » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 pm

go to townsville demolition yard, $25 for a 50 litre keg
r.c.barstud

equipment: Gas fired 50 litre pot still (common head) and 18 litre thumper.

Return to Distillation for beginners using HBS products