Still Spirits Super Reflux

This area is for topics only related to home brew shop products for distilling, a place for the novice to use as a safe haven from the anti brew shop brigade.

Re: Still Spirits Super Reflux

Postby WalterWhite » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:51 pm

Haha better late than never Sam!
I ran it for about 90 mins before I realised that I had too much cooling... Turned it down and then it rocketed up to 93degrees. Held it there for another 30 mins so hopefully the guts are nice and clean now....
Will find out in a week or so when I run my TPW through it :think:
WalterWhite

equipment: 35L Digiboil with power control, 2” copper pot combo with optional extended column.

Postby Geoffb » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:07 am

Hi I have the same type of head on a 25ltr boiler and still have the 5ltr boiler,
What is the ratio of vinegar to water did you use? I haven't done a run for about 2 years and am getting back into it, thinks it needs a good clean before I start.
Using ceramic saddles.

Any response would be appreciated
Geoffb

equipment: started with a 5ltr Still spirits super reflux still
up graded to the 25 liter boiler
now have a 60 liter Digiboil boiler with the Pot still head which the t 500 uses.

Postby woodduck » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi there Geoffb,

Here is a link to a thread in the newbies corner that should help you out.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2863

Since you haven't run a still for a while the newbies corner would be a great read to freshen up your skills before jumping back in to it.

Since your new around here would you mind poping into the welcome centre and introduce yourself. It helps us get to know you a bit better. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Previous

Return to Distillation for beginners using HBS products