no liquid carbon

This area is for topics only related to home brew shop products for distilling, a place for the novice to use as a safe haven from the anti brew shop brigade.

Re: no liquid carbon

Postby Yummyrum » Thu May 22, 2014 8:03 pm

MacStill wrote:
Yummyrum wrote:just watch for pucking......

What the puck are you on about :wtf:

Damn Mac..I didn't even see WTF spell check was telling me .its something like this :puke-huge:
Yummyrum

equipment: Did use Still Spirits Reflux
Now use 50l Keg with Pot head for Rum and Neutral stripping runs on gas .
LM/VM head with 1m packed 2" on Still Spirits boiler for Neutrals.

Postby MacStill » Thu May 22, 2014 8:07 pm

... and you weren't even on a pucking fone :teasing-nutkick:

:text-lol:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Salter » Mon May 28, 2018 11:37 pm

Geeps wrote:
APR wrote:
Geeps wrote:Good on ya mate dont waste it it would be good for a cleaning run so you dont have to drink the shit. :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :puke-huge:

I have only yesterday put down 10Kg of sugar made up to 50 litres using one turbo classic pack and around 80g of bakers yeast. Turbo washes ferment in a couple of days so I am not waiting around for product when I want to put a bit of wash through a still when playing around and experimenting. It has been taking around 10 days for me to get a TPW fermented using bakers yeast from Coles, and I want a wash I can use in the meantime.

In doing what I am doing at the moment I am also wanting to verify for myself whether double the water, a lower ratio of sugar to water, the addition of a bit of bakers yeast and lower fermentation temperature will give a better flavor than the normal recipe turbo wash. You want to see this stuff bubbling. It is just about continuously displacing the water and blowing gas out the air lock.

All good APR but you you stiill cant polish a turd no matter what ya use. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Incorrect... :)) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

...but I get your point :)
Salter

equipment: Turbo 500 still
30 litre fermenter

Postby ed9362 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:17 pm

i always though the carbon filters were exactly an attempt to polish a turd-bo.
apparently it does improve the product somewhat
ed9362

equipment: Pure distilling reflux still kit. A few extra fermenters
2" pot still

Postby woodduck » Tue May 29, 2018 5:08 pm

The carbon might help but the plastic bucket it's attached to that you put your spirit in wouldn't :handgestures-thumbdown:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Previous

Return to Distillation for beginners using HBS products