scored a cheap Bubbler

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

Re: scored a cheap Bubbler

Postby Johno86 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Lowie wrote:Nice score Johno. There's some pretty good stuff coming in from China...
That plate looks exactly like the ones I have, same dimensions, works well as is. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cheers

Thanks Lowie, how the speed/abv on yours with those plates? If i can pull over 2lph at 90+ i might just leave her. Or try both ways lol. Do yours have 10mm id downcomer tubes with the rather high holes in the tube too?
Johno86

equipment: 4' japcrap glass bubbler
2' bokabob
2' homemade pot

Re: scored a cheap bubbler

Postby hillzabilly » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:52 pm

woodduck wrote:
Lowie wrote:
PeterC wrote:Very Nice, you need to rotate each second plate 180 degrees so the downcomers are not above each other.

Why is that important PeterC? I have 2 of mine inline with each other - didn't plan it that way btw...
Cheers.

You don't want the reflux falling straight down the other downcomer. You want the reflux to drop on the opposite side and work it’s way over the plate for better mixing/cleaning.

:text-+1: Thats bubbler lesson 101.cheers hillzabilly ;-)
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Previous

Return to Hardware Research & Development