Bubbler design

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

Re: Bubbler design

Postby hillzabilly » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Its also usual to have your riser outlet height the same as your downcomer height,so ya caps may be higher than in ya pics to maintain this rule,I like ta use good old graph paper to draw things out ta see how things fit and makes it easy to get good measurements for a build.Plus a section height of about 130-150mm will be ideal as well.cheers hillzabilly ;-)
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby ThePaterPiper » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:29 pm

Sweet. Thanks Woody. I have found some bits and pieces together so I hope to get some kind of a prototype of sorts together to see just how much effort is required. The art copper I found is fairly thin and flexible so forming the shapes shouldn’t be too much effort. Getting them to look good consistently will be the trick, but if I can sort some kind of dye to form against should help.

Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.
ThePaterPiper

equipment: 50L Pot Still with two inch column into a 700mm Liebig. Also have a 19l thumper interchangeable into the setup.

Postby ThePaterPiper » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:31 pm

hillzabilly wrote:Its also usual to have your riser outlet height the same as your downcomer height,so ya caps may be higher than in ya pics to maintain this rule,I like ta use good old graph paper to draw things out ta see how things fit and makes it easy to get good measurements for a build.Plus a section height of about 130-150mm will be ideal as well.cheers hillzabilly ;-)

What??? Are you dissing my paint skills here? :laughing-rolling: :text-lol:

So overall height of each section? Plate to plate 130-150? I was thinking of using primes glass to start then make the investment into borosilicate.
ThePaterPiper

equipment: 50L Pot Still with two inch column into a 700mm Liebig. Also have a 19l thumper interchangeable into the setup.

Previous

Return to Hardware Research & Development