MANUFACTURE AND DISTILLATION of ALCOHOLIC LIQUORS

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

MANUFACTURE AND DISTILLATION of ALCOHOLIC LIQUORS

Postby SBB » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Just found this PDF of a book called 'A TREATISE on the MANUFACTURE AND DISTILLATION of ALCOHOLIC LIQUORS' It should be quite usefull to anyone wanting to make Liquors, I have no idea how to save it to the site as a PDF.....someone else can do that if they want. The link is below
http://wormwoodsociety.flannestad.com/t ... s_1871.pdf

Hmmm for some reason the link doesnt work now........it did as I saved the file to my computer.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Re: MANUFACTURE AND DISTILLATION of ALCOHOLIC LIQUORS

Postby devotus » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:58 pm

I have that book here at home,it is very good. Duplais being one of the forefathers of pre-ban absinthe. For my tastes the Duplais recipe is a little light in some areas but that is obviously purely individual taste.
devotus

equipment: copper alembic pot still
+
1.5 inch VM column

Re: MANUFACTURE AND DISTILLATION of ALCOHOLIC LIQUORS

Postby devotus » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:13 pm

The brevans recipe link at WWS is also a good one.

Bevans A.O spare by Oliver Matter Absinthe is one of my favourites.

You can buy it here in Australia

http://www.absinthesalon.com.au/cat/ind ... id=1908207

However, I think that is waaay over priced and have said so to the owners of Absinthe salon who said that it is because of import duties and taxes that force them to charge triple of what the bottle costs in Europe.

Better to make your own ;-)
devotus

equipment: copper alembic pot still
+
1.5 inch VM column

Return to Hardware Research & Development