Distilling idea

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

Re: Distilling idea

Postby NotBenStiller » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:24 am

Yeah that's the other point - this method would vapourize all liquid - ethanol and water all together - thus you are not actually distilling. You'd end up with the exact same output that you had in the wash (minus any solids)
NotBenStiller

equipment: 3" DR bok....

Postby googe » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Hey all, seems most of you were correct with the seperating fores. tried this today. Was an interesting experience Did about 9L of TPW.
Heat up time, 5 minutes.
#1 - 125ml, burnt brown poo slight fores smell.
#2 - 125ml, 18% , using middle burner on 3 burner condensor flow flatout, very slow steady stream flow rate from fermenter into boiler, broken stream with little huffing, with strong tom flavor/smell.
#3 - 25%, more broken stream, tails dirty smell. smoothish taste.
#4 - 30%, slight tom smell, smooth and dry taste.
#5 - 30%, very faint tom smell, very smooth dry taste.
#6 - 50%, upped the flow rate from fermenter to boiler, all 3 burners going, more spirit smell, smooth and less dry, nice flavor.
#7 - 50%, very smooth and nice smell and flavor.
#8 - 50%, same as #7 with a bit more spirit bite.
#9 - 40%, 250ml, dryness back, smooth smell, slight tom smell.
#10 - 40%, same as 10.
Shut it down, to pissed and confused haha.

Would like to see someone with experience try this, so they can distinguish the cut smells. I have no idea where the fores where, only a slight smell in the first jar. Seems to be distilling in reverse, going from low % to higher.
googe

Postby googe » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Was ment to add this but dont know what happened :roll: \ , i sound like such a retard when ive had a few :laughing-rolling:

googe

Postby mullamulla » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:41 pm

It's making me need a pee :laughing-rolling:

Interesting experiment, but I think the foreshot factor is a very important one.

Keep thinking differently though, that's how all sorts of cool shit is invented :ympeace:
mullamulla

equipment: 2" Slant Plate Boka LM
-- Loading 2" Pot Still --
[#########------------]

Postby googe » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:21 pm

ha thats what i was thinking when i was doing!. Thanks mate, yeah love stuffing around with new stuff, even if it doesnt work, least ya know!.

Cheers
googe

Previous

Return to Hardware Research & Development