industrial coffee grinder for gristing

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

industrial coffee grinder for gristing

Postby crow » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:41 pm

I bought one of those old Robert Timms supermarket grinders with the 4 settings on it . i tested it on oats , even the coarse setting was a little fine but if ya remove the lock nut you can adjust these to do nothing right to 000 four . anyway played around for a couple of minutes and bingo perfect, dont think it will handle wet malt though pretty sure I'll need a roller mill for this but for 26 bucks from a guy down the road ... Hell yeah very impressed
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Re: industrial coffee grinder for gristing

Postby grumpthehermit » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Sounds like you scored well !!!

:handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers
GTH
grumpthehermit

Postby stilly_bugger » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:50 pm

That's a score Crow.
stilly_bugger

equipment: simple pot with worm on an electric boiler.

Postby crow » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:13 am

theory confirmed tried to grist wet grain with it. Don't try this at home kids worked for about 10 seconds then wasted 3 or 4 hrs trying to clean all the gunked up shit out of it :doh:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Return to Hardware Research & Development