Centering cones?

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

Centering cones?

Postby Camikaze » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:57 pm

Good afternoon guys,

I am trying to establish where the most effective positions on the lamb cannon would be for centering cones.

Given that the 4" x 26" column is mesh-packed, I would hazard a guess that they would be mandatory?

I am thinking of installing two. One at the top of the 4" section and one in the middle.

Cannon cones.JPG

The cone at the top would be made to fit the inner ridge of the ferrule, with a trimmed gasket to seal it all up.

The middle cone, I am planning to support on 3 very small button-head bolts drilled and welded into the column walls.

These would be a removable item too.

I am guessing the cone dimensions would be 4-1/8" going into 2" and approx 1.5" tall. Made from copper. (possibly cut up funnels)

Thoughts?

Cheers

Cam :handgestures-thumbupleft:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Re: Centering cones?

Postby Kimbo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi cami,
As your column is only 650mm long, you probably wont need them. See how it goes, you can always add them in later ;-)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Re: Centering cones?

Postby Camikaze » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Thanks mate. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I might just be over-thinking...... :whistle:
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Return to Hardware Research & Development