flattened tube for condenser

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

flattened tube for condenser

Postby googe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:33 am

Hey all, have had this thought for a long time. Product knock down is about surface area, maximum cooling surface = max knock down. I have flattened 1" tube that I will use for my cm condenser and reflux. theory is, a 1" tube has a outside surfAce area of around 3", inside that area is alot of waisted space, from what I understand, vapor will only be knocked down around 3mm from the cooled wall. If the same tube is flattened with a path around 5~7mm inside, that should mean every bit of vapor will be knocked down?. Eg; I have done some ruff measurements and I can fit 3 1" flattened tubes in a 2" tube, which = 9" of coolent area. Thoughts?. Do you know what the hell im on about? :laughing-rolling:

Cheers
googe

Re: flattened tube for condenser

Postby kiwikeg » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:50 am

Your theory is correct Googe, have you ever pulled a radiator core apart? exactly what your describing - flattend tubes....
2%20row%20core.jpg

(Safety message :naughty: any noobs reading this dont even think of using a car radiator :violence-smack: they have lead in them :violence-smack: )
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

Re: flattened tube for condenser

Postby googe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:07 am

Didn't even think of that kiwi! Could have saved myself some typing lol. Cheers mate.
googe

Return to Hardware Research & Development