square sight glass

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

Re: square sight glass

Postby crow » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:22 am

Got a song about that on here, a bloke once said wish yad skip that song. When I asked him why He said in that shithole was the only time he was that cold that he wanted to die :handgestures-thumbupleft: skipped it for him
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby googe » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Thanks yummyrum, that was my first thought of riveting it, if this doest work or doesn't look any good ill be going back to that. thanks TLC. Thanks for the info crow, are you saying it will get to hot cause its on the inside?. Do you think the seals will give it some give if there are some uneven expansions?.
googe

Postby crow » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:03 pm

yep :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby kiwikeg » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:04 pm

hey googe when i first saw this i thought you were going to slip a whole glass tube inside a cutout copper tube to protect it and for bling. as the copper would be outermost it could expand as much as it wants with no cracking problems?
no window seals to deal with then either
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

Postby crow » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:05 pm

kiwikeg wrote:hey googe when i first saw this i thought you were going to slip a whole glass tube inside a cutout copper tube to protect it and for bling. as the copper would be outermost it could expand as much as it wants with no cracking problems?
no window seals to deal with then either

why have the copper then?
crow

Postby Cane Toad » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Make a nice frame out of some copper to fit around the glass :handgestures-thumbupleft: (then run a good bead of aquarium silicon around it ) :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby crow » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Cupcake wrote:Make a nice frame out of some copper to fit around the glass :handgestures-thumbupleft: (then run a good bead of aquarium silicon around it ) :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

thats what I said but they won't listen to me :crying-blue:
crow

Postby googe » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Nah kiwi, I want it for a modular 4 or 6 inch. I didn't really understand what you ment with your idea crow, thats why I didn't say much lol. So your saying have it like a normal sight glass on the outside but square and curved?.
googe

Postby crow » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 pm

well that was my idea anyway yes .When I thought of it it was not for plates and to go the length of the column :handgestures-thumbupleft:
I do have another plan for how to do it with plates but that's secret squirrel stuff :shhh:
crow

Postby emptyglass » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Brendan wrote:What you needed was a decent law-abiding hobby o:-)

Not bad, not bad,

but 4.99 litres rounds up to 5. So hows the rose oil coming on?
emptyglass

Postby kelbygreen » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:06 pm

:laughing-rolling: Classic EG. :teasing-tease:
kelbygreen

equipment: 3" pot

Previous

Return to Hardware Research & Development