How is everyone using their coffee filters?

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

Re: How is everyone using their coffee filters?

Postby bac206 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:37 am

I use same setup as you but put one of those flexible top straws down the side to allow the air to escape. Works good but after about 5l I have to change filters. Too slow and too impatient
bac206

equipment: 2" CM Keggomax
2" Copper pot head.
DIY Voltage controller
Just finished 4" glass bubbler

Postby scarecrow » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:01 pm

I use a Harris size 4 filter over a 4 litre pickling jar held on with a rubber band. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

filtering.jpg

scarecrow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scarecrow

equipment: 4" 4 plate glasser
80cm reflux column
3 ring banjo

Postby crow » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:22 pm

DaveZ wrote:That looks like exactly what I have in my head mate, and for $40 with 50 filter papers I reckon that's on the shopping list for sure. Cheers for the link man :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Am I missing something here looks to me GST included to be $21.89 Is there some hidden astronomical postage fee :?
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby DaveZ » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:29 pm

20 bucks for the frame, 20 bucks for 50 filter papers, although the normal ones might fit and be cheaper.
DaveZ

equipment: 5 plate FSD bubbler with gin basket and packed rock section on a 50L, 4800W keg

Previous

Return to Hardware Research & Development