SS V-Band Flanges

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

SS V-Band Flanges

Postby Mad » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:59 am

Hi Guys,

I'm chasing a couple of VBand flanges to tig onto some 3" stainless. I might just be being tight ass but $50 for a set of 2 seems steep, especially because I need 4... Before anyone comments about making an easy flange from copper to join on there I had thought of it but am trying to stick with the stainless route as much as possible. Ebay seems to be my friend but best I've found is $36 a set and you have no idea of the quality you're getting. Anyone have recommendations, suggestions, places I could try even with shipping. I've tried everywhere local cheapest set i found was $72 and the exhaust shop doesnt even sell them he told me go online... :angry-banghead:
Mad

equipment: SS Super Reflux(retired), 3600w keg boiler, 3" stainless boka with 4 Barrel shotty

Re: SS V-Band Flanges

Postby Zak Griffin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:08 am

Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby Doubleuj » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:11 am

Zak Griffin wrote:http://www.5stardistilling.net/3-tri-clamp-union/

:handgestures-thumbupleft:

:text-+1:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby Mad » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:15 am

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: ~x( bahaa zak. I did look there... and I couldnt find the flange on it's own. I knew mac would have it but I got so lost I even sent him an email asking hahaha and put this post up in the mean time. ebay is crazy on prices and you have no idea what you'll be getting, I really thought these things would be everywhere especially exhaust shops. thanks again, glad I asked now even if it was a retarded question!
Mad

equipment: SS Super Reflux(retired), 3600w keg boiler, 3" stainless boka with 4 Barrel shotty

Postby Zak Griffin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:20 am

There may be cheaper shit on eBay, but with 5 Star gear you know you are getting quality :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby woodduck » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:27 am

Not sure exactly what you're looking for but do you mean a triclamp ferrel? If so try this

http://www.5stardistilling.net/2-ferrule/
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Mad » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:14 pm

yeah thanks woodduck. I have no idea wtf I was doing the other day when I was searching fsd. Maybe it was becaus I was on my phone but I couldn't find half the items I'm seeing now on my PC.
Mad

Return to Hardware Research & Development