Welding Farrulles to 2" tubing

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

Welding Farrulles to 2" tubing

Postby Rumking » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Hi all

I hope I have posted is in the right section if not, mods please feel free to move it.

I'm wondering if any Perth members or any one know of anyone in Perth around the Rockingham region that can weld some stainless 2" ferrulles to some 2" tubing.
I've purchased 2m of 2 inch tubing with 1m being dedicated to a filter but was thinking of using the second meter to extend my column but with out ferrulles I'm can't see away of doing it.

If anyone can help, point me in the right direction or even some suggestions would be great.

Cheers guys
Rumking

equipment: 5L Airstill recent upgrade to 25L s/steel pot still.

Re: Welding Farrulles to 2" tubing

Postby hillzabilly » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Do you mean weld or braze or solder ,you will need to expand the 2inch to braze or solder ,I heard lately FSD in Perth is offering help to people trying to build their own,even offered to teach soldering,worth giveing them a call .if its TIG welding all stainless I have used this guy a few time's cheers.https://angrypandacreativemetalwork.wordpress.com/ hillzabilly
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby Rumking » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Thanks hillzabilly :-D
Rumking

Postby MickC » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:35 am

Hey mate I'd use the 2" stainless to make a boka as I read in your other thread you are starting out doing neutrals.
You could make a modular boka that you could also use as a pot for stripping and brown spirits.

I'd try and get my fermentation clean, taking good cuts and recognizing the different stages of the distillation to make a cleaner end product before I invested in making a filter.
Though I am very keen on learning about different filtering techniques and materials and how they add to taste and extract congers etc.
But for now I'm just trying to get my head around separating heads, hearts and tails.......... :oops:
MickC

equipment: The little 5lt ones you get from a home brew shop :(

Just built a 3" Boka :)

Postby Rumking » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:59 pm

Interesting I may look into that mick.
I've spent hours reading this forum hence why I now have 2 tpw fermenting ATM. I too am struggling telling what's what with the cuts I was using temp and abv as a guide but still seem to get lost, to me it all taste the same ATM. I need to fine tune my taste. Just purchased a parrot of Mac so hopefully that will help aswell
Rumking

Return to Hardware Research & Development