Racking cane and parrot build

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

Racking cane and parrot build

Postby Boardy62 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:33 pm

Hey all got some cash and gained some copper i made up a rough parrot and the racking cane is different,after looking everywhere for a long time i remember seeing this idea so i tried it out first with garden hose which proved it worked so went ahead and it works great racked off a BWKO (you can see in second photo i have a strainer on the grain bed the racking cane in the strainer in the wash and a piece of scruber wired in place to stop any grain getting sucked up you turn the tap off on the drain end in your bucket that is accepting the wash, then suck slowly till it fills up when filled place tongue on end to block it turn top tap off open the tap in the bucket and off she goes and you get to taste it as well)
running the BWKO now and the parrot is very handy,not bling a bit rough (back to earth thinking i could build a bubbler :D anyhoo 15 minutes in to run got 550 ml @ 74% (29deg in parrot) now 45 minutes in 1400 ml down to 60% at the parrot very happy :happy-partydance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boardy62

equipment: FSD Neutraliser, two 2400w elements, gin caddy,100 ltr boiler
T500 reflux still and boiler,
pure distilling pot still head
power controller
Parrot and racking cane

Re: Racking cane and parrot build

Postby 1 2many » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:30 pm

Simple methods are often the best and if it works for you that's al you need. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Return to Hardware Research & Development