Hi, from Melbourne

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi, from Melbourne

Postby Velophile » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:40 pm

Hi all,
It's about time to do an intro.
Been brewing all grain for a few years, even made some drinkable wine once. Hope to use some of the brew equipment for distilling if possible. I've been reading, and rereading, for a few weeks now.
The pile of copper is growing in the shed & my ideas are staring to come together.
Velophile

equipment: More all grain brew kit than I really need. Also Plenty of tools and a growing collection of copper pipe.

Re: Hi, from Melbourne

Postby 5 o'clock » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:52 pm

Welcome Velo,

Good luck with the build and new hobby, hope your distillation products are more than drinkable.

From your username I assume you like cycling?

Cheers,

Richard
5 o'clock

equipment: Modular bubble plate still on a keg with 2 elements. Mostly run it as a pot so far.

Postby Sam. » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:40 am

G'day mate, what type of spirits are you wanting to make?
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby thedarkmesh » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:13 pm

Sam. wrote:G'day mate, what type of spirits are you wanting to make?

With all the grain stuff from brewing I hope the answer is whisky or bourbon so he can use it all. Guessing the grain stuff isn't used for neutrals / vodka?
thedarkmesh

equipment: Turbo Boiler + 5 Star 4" Modular Still

Postby Zak Griffin » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:34 pm

You can make AG vodka, but I'm not sure if the results are worth the effort compared to whiskeys?

Welcome mate.
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby rumdidlydum » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:34 pm

Howdy and welcome :handgestures-thumbupleft:
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Postby 1 2many » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:08 pm

Welcome to the forum mate. Enjoy :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Velophile » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Sam. wrote:G'day mate, what type of spirits are you wanting to make?

Hi
Mostly whiskey but will give both rum & neutral a go. Some gin too 8-)
Velophile

equipment: More all grain brew kit than I really need. Also Plenty of tools and a growing collection of copper pipe.

Postby andybear » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:34 pm

welcome bloke, from your choice of drinks you should consider a bubbler. Also give Zac's CFW some thought. Its been working quite nicely for me although rum is my first love.
Cheers
andybear

equipment: T500 has been retired and the 4" glass bubbler, has been christened. With 50 litre inverted keg, two 2400watt elements, 100mm sight glass and 100mm column connection and 1/2" drain. And all resting on a hexagonal frame with lockable castor wheels.

Postby Velophile » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:23 am

andybear wrote:welcome bloke, from your choice of drinks you should consider a bubbler. Also give Zac's CFW some thought. Its been working quite nicely for me although rum is my first love.
Cheers

;-) yeah a glass bubbler is the current plan. I've collected almost enough copper, now need to start working it.

Should start a build thread, if I can work out how to post pics. :think:
Velophile

Postby andybear » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:23 pm

:happy-partydance: Top plan. You will not regret your decision to build a glasser. Theres lots of info on this site on building these. All my info was from here.
What part of Melb are you from?
When loading photos you first need to reduce the image size to 1Meg or less I think and they load in reverse order. So put your last photo in first for each post. Good Luck.
andybear

equipment: T500 has been retired and the 4" glass bubbler, has been christened. With 50 litre inverted keg, two 2400watt elements, 100mm sight glass and 100mm column connection and 1/2" drain. And all resting on a hexagonal frame with lockable castor wheels.

Postby Velophile » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:07 pm

I'm starting with this lot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Velophile

Return to Welcome Centre