Hey all

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hey all

Postby davesims » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:57 am

Hello everyone

This is a great forum, i have spent a little time here reading all i can and thought now its time to join and say gidday.I am starting out with a T500 and the usual kit
davesims

equipment: T500 copper and the usual noobie bits and pieces

Re: Hey all

Postby warramungas » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:06 am

Welcome bud. Seems the t500 is the go. All the new people have them. Makes me wonder why they're so popular. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
warramungas

equipment: 180 litre fermenter x 2
30 liter boiler
PDA-1
2" four plate modular bubbler
2" one meter long LM column
110 liter boiler with 25 liter (max) inline thumper
4" x 4 plate bubble cap still

Postby rumdidlydum » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Welcome mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Enjoy the forum :smile:
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Postby Doubleuj » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:04 pm

warramungas wrote: Makes me wonder why they're so popular. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Because they're available everywhere and easy to pick up, just like crabs :laughing-rolling: but you'll want to get rid of it as quickly too! (Not speaking from personal experience about the crabs though :)) )

Welcome Dave, I read in your other post that you want a pot still for it which is a great way to move forward.
For now though, you'll need to change a few things on the t500. Mainly throw away the plastic outlet hose and get an equivalent length of 1/2 inch copper pipe and completely ignore the run strategy they taught you in the instructions
Oh and if you bought one, don't use the plastic filter that comes with it, plastic and alcohol don't mix :handgestures-thumbdown:
So welcome and enjoy the journey :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Return to Welcome Centre