Hi, from Perth

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Re: Hi, from Perth

Postby Sam. » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:23 am

Welcome mate, love your avatar :laughing-rolling:

When you build your shed make sure you have enough height for the 5 plate bubbler with packed section on a nice boiler that you will inevitably end up having :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Urrazeb » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:28 am

Dug this up for you

MacStill wrote:Remember my first response ? ;-)

Your still is not even close to what they're calling a reflux still mate, the pure distilling unit has issues with detuning and the valve doesn't open far enough to collect at pot still speeds.

Before you go pulling the packing out of your rig you should talk to crow, he's done this and had a bitch of a time with it and vowed never to do it again.

If you search via google and put in something like 'detune pure distilling site:aussiedistiller.com.au' you should be able to find out if it's possible
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby valkorum » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:25 am

Sam. wrote:Welcome mate, love your avatar :laughing-rolling:

When you build your shed make sure you have enough height for the 5 plate bubbler with packed section on a nice boiler that you will inevitably end up having :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I can only go 2.4m high due to where its being placed (plus it needs to be 2m high so I can stand in it)
valkorum

equipment: 5 Star 4" Pot. Still need to find funds to buy bubble plates

Postby Urrazeb » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:51 am

valkorum wrote:
Sam. wrote:Welcome mate, love your avatar :laughing-rolling:

I can only go 2.4m high due to where its being placed (plus it needs to be 2m high so I can stand in it)

Just put a skylight in :handgestures-thumbupleft: then you can smash the bubbler through the it for vodkas 8-} :laughing-rolling:
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby valkorum » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 am

Or just make a medieval tower above where the still will be.
valkorum

equipment: 5 Star 4" Pot. Still need to find funds to buy bubble plates

Previous

Return to Welcome Centre