Hello from another newbie

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello from another newbie

Postby teitan » Sat May 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi guys

Been lurking here for about a week I think now. Learnt lots, plenty of questions always pop up but never a problem finding an answer around here. Got myself a t500 boiler as a starter, looking at 4" fsd pot as next step although looks like fsd doesn't have much stock on hand. Hopefully i'll get a reply to an email to them so I can buy jump straight in soon. THanks for the great forum. :D
teitan

equipment: 50L FSD milk can, 4” FSD Visualiser

Re: Hello from another newbie

Postby Doubleuj » Sat May 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi Teitan, ignore the "out of stock" on the fsd website, as you said, shoot them an email or make a phone call.
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby hillzabilly » Sat May 20, 2017 1:19 pm

Welcome mate ,let the fun begin,check out the library section for some late night reading.cheers hillzabilly :handgestures-thumbupleft:
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby Professor Green » Sat May 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Welcome teitan.

In my opinion, the 4" pot still is not a good match for the T500 boiler due to it's weight and the distribution of that weight which could cause the whole lot to topple over. A 2" pelican design would be a much better starting point and still give you a route to upgrade to a larger still (once you upgrade to bigger boiler) with minimal waste of components. You can see one I put together here http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9212 and I listed the required components for another member here: http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10728#p185363

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby teitan » Sat May 20, 2017 2:48 pm

Thanks guys, i did indeed download that 500mb file with all the texts in it, plenty of reading in there. It's interesting seeing the difference in philosophies between homebrew beer and distillation in regards to ingredients and fermentation. cfw had me going wtf!? :)) def will try that one.

I did see your build post prof green but not the breakdown of parts post. I figured buying an all in one set would be the way to go for me not knowing what to buy. I'll suss out when I get a reply from the fsd guys :handgestures-thumbupleft:
teitan

equipment: 50L FSD milk can, 4” FSD Visualiser

Postby Lowie » Sat May 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Welcome Teitan. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Lowie

equipment: 4", 4 plate "Frankenfurter" copper bubbler and blockhead on a 50L 3000W electric boiler, 10000W controller - don't even know why I need that much, all grain HERMS system through 18G HLT keg and 50L mash tun.

Return to Welcome Centre