gas fired

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Re: gas fired

Postby Huntsman96 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:33 pm

Just putting it out there though putting more heat into is fine but in my opnion insulating the boiler is the way to go. Just by cutting a 44 gallon drum in half and covering the boiler I reduced my heat ups from an hour to about 40 minutes with a 3 ring burner and a standard regulator. For a 45L boiler charge starting around 15°C thats pretty good.
Huntsman96

equipment: 2" boka / regular old pot still

Postby beaull » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:48 pm

the rambo 4ring burner states it is not to be used with a high pressure regulator. i don' t know why.
the whole unit is made in china imported by austcrown and sold by dick smith.
beaull

equipment: still spirits t500
still spirits boiler 25 years old

Postby copperhead road » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:13 pm

beaull wrote:the rambo 4ring burner states it is not to be used with a high pressure regulator. i don' t know why.
the whole unit is made in china imported by austcrown and sold by dick smith.

Click on the link posted by jaypes on page one of this thread, might help you :handgestures-thumbupleft:
copperhead road

equipment: Full industrial grade copper 25 gallon short can 4" pot with 10 gallon expansion chamber and gin basket, 3" Gatlon gun condenser (gas flame)

Postby Azza76 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:05 pm

you can get hp burners no problem just might not get enough gas from 9 kg bottle this one has ice on it lol

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 6.00.13 pm.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Azza76

equipment: 2" pot still shotgun condenser
2"boka 50 lt keg boiler

Postby wynnum1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:25 am

copperhead road wrote:
wynnum1 wrote:Is there a prohibition of using high pressure reg at a domestic residence that may be why its low pressure.

I'm pretty beaull is talking about a portable gas burner that ethier comes with a standard regulator or a HP regulator . Not sure where prohibition comes into play , it will either come with approved Australia standards or not in some cases if you import one from USA.
If you can buy it off the shelf here it will be Australian standards approved as it's illegal to sell them otherwise. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

This may be the reason they say a low pressure regulator use is required Type A devices have a limit on there output and a Type B gas device is any gas device that is not a badged Type A appliance gas device.
If it is used with a high pressure regulator may exceed that limit and make non compliant and a Type B
wynnum1

Postby copperhead road » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:03 pm

wynnum1 wrote:
copperhead road wrote:
wynnum1 wrote:Is there a prohibition of using high pressure reg at a domestic residence that may be why its low pressure.

I'm pretty beaull is talking about a portable gas burner that ethier comes with a standard regulator or a HP regulator . Not sure where prohibition comes into play , it will either come with approved Australia standards or not in some cases if you import one from USA.
If you can buy it off the shelf here it will be Australian standards approved as it's illegal to sell them otherwise. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

This may be the reason they say a low pressure regulator use is required Type A devices have a limit on there output and a Type B gas device is any gas device that is not a badged Type A appliance gas device.
If it is used with a high pressure regulator may exceed that limit and make non compliant and a Type B

Just goes to show how handy the forum can be, after heaps of research and talking to different suppliers to find the best option for my gas heat source I had never been told about type A or type B :think:
I did however learn by experience and first imported the blichmann engineering hellfire all stainless burner only to find despite its high end quality it did not meet Australian standards, so I got rid of it for insurance reasons but that's another issue all together :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Just another money loss in the hole :laughing-rolling: not that funny at the time though :laughing-rolling:
copperhead road

equipment: Full industrial grade copper 25 gallon short can 4" pot with 10 gallon expansion chamber and gin basket, 3" Gatlon gun condenser (gas flame)

Previous

Return to Welcome Centre