Hello from southern qld

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello from southern qld

Postby Its never enough » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:39 am

Hello all, I have been a member for a few months and have spent time reading many of the posts here. I run a T500 that I have had for some time (please don't shoot me yet) I am making neutrals and mix essences of varying flavours. I am currently using turbo yeasts but plan to try the TPW soon. Many questions will arise from me in the future for certain, till then have fun.
Its never enough

equipment: Still Spirits Turbo 500

Re: Hello from southern qld

Postby bluc » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Welcome here enjoy your stay.. :handgestures-thumbupleft: if you havnt yet check out doubleuj post for t500 here http://www.aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=10483
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby Lowie » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:21 pm

G'day mate. Nothing wrong with the T500 and essence for starters to get your feet wet. You'll make some good booze. Best advice we can give you is give the turbo crap the arse and hook into the tpw or teddys ffv. You'll be surprised how easy these two recipes are, and importantly how much better than turbo they are (greater reduction of hangovers too when you cut properly and that's important... :handgestures-thumbupleft: )
Cheers.
Lowie

equipment: 4", 4 plate "Frankenfurter" copper bubbler and blockhead on a 50L 3000W electric boiler, 10000W controller - don't even know why I need that much, all grain HERMS system through 18G HLT keg and 50L mash tun.

Postby Its never enough » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Thanks fella's, I have read the post on operation of a T500 several times and have made the adjustments as mentioned, Am using up my turbo yeast in stock and am very keen to try the TPW from the discussions read. I built a parrot last week and currently have it in a citric acid bath, do I then coat it with a clear coat of something or do I bath it each time prior to use? :text-thankyoublue:
Its never enough

equipment: Still Spirits Turbo 500

Postby Bushy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:49 pm

Hey mate :greetings-waveyellow:
Well done on your parrot. Just soak it in a citric bath or a bit of meths, rinse and use. No need to coat it with anything or wash it all the time. I have had bugs set up a nest in mine but thats a separate issue.
Bushy

equipment: 50l keg boiler with 5Star 3600 watt element
4 inch plated column. 4 perf plates.
Lava Rock Behemoth

Postby woodduck » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:46 am

G'day mate and welcome aboard :greetings-waveyellow:

Plenty to read and do here, enjoy :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Return to Welcome Centre