New guy just saying hi!

Say Hi and introduce yourself

New guy just saying hi!

Postby Banhammer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Hello there,

I'm jay and i'm from the Ipswich region of QLD, (so if anyones nearby HMU I need a stilling buddy :D) I'm running a 5L super reflux still that I just picked up a week ago not knowing jack all, and thats where I found this bloody awesome forum.

I've had a read though most of the newbie section and many other threads and have come to the general consensus that using them turbo yeasts is very much wrong, so I've steered totally clear of them and made up a 25L TPW for my first real go at distilling but as I couldn't wait for it to ferment I went and bought some cheap ass goon to distill and it was bloody neat. I'm having a great time so far!

Looking forward to starting this new hobby of mine and with the incidence given here i'm sure i'll be making some quality stuff.

Cheers!
Banhammer

equipment: 5 Litre Super Reflux (baby steps, ayeee)

Re: New guy just saying hi!

Postby hillzabilly » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:18 pm

G-day mate and welcome to the fold,plenty ta read in the library section as well,slow and steady wins the race in the distilling game .The choice of still should be made considering what you want ta make ,but most of us started like you got a still with little ta no experience and went from there,enjoy the ride and stay safe.cheers hillzabilly :handgestures-thumbupleft:
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby Doubleuj » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:39 pm

Welcome here mate, good to see you’re already into your reading and leaning, we’re here for quality not quantity.
You’ll be able to make nice spirits with your still as long as you use a good wash (like the tpw you’ve got on) and good techniques like cuts.
Good luck, have paitience and enjoy :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cheers
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby Banhammer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:06 am

Cheers guys,! and yeah, spose' i gotta be alot more patient when dealing with the fermenting side of things so would benefit from a few more fermenters!
Banhammer

equipment: 5 Litre Super Reflux (baby steps, ayeee)

Postby woodduck » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:24 am

Hi mate, welcome :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Professor Green » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:11 am

Welcome to AD Jay.

There's heaps of knowledge here to help you get the best out of your still.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Return to Welcome Centre