Gday distillers

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Gday distillers

Postby Hankypanky » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Gday all from Brisbane,

Just started distilling and bought a Pure Distilling Spirit maker. Did a couple of washes already with TPW as my favorite. No to turbo. I am planning to create some gin with my equipment, but still need to find a way to do that as the spirit maker creates neutrals.

Joined this forum to get some help, progress to get better hardware and of course share my own experiences.
Hankypanky

equipment: Pure Distilling Spirit Maker

Re: Gday distillers

Postby Nino » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:40 pm

You could try the infusion method, put your botanicals in neutral spirit and taste at regular intervals until you get the flavour you are after.
I am going to try this method with my next batch of neutral.

With regards,
Nino
Nino

equipment: Black Mangus reflux still and 30lt boiler. 4" Modular pot still from FSD. Now a 50lt keg boiler with 2 2400 watt heating elements and a controller. 5 plate bubbler with a 500mm packed section

Postby Professor Green » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:51 pm

Welcome Hankypanky.

Find out if you can run your still without the packing in it - this is sometimes called "detuning" and not all reflux stills can do it without damaging them so it's best to check first. If your still can be run this way it will behave like a pot still and will serve as an excellent tool for making gin. Otherwise, knock yourself up a pot still out of copper pipe and bends, it's not that difficult and there's plenty of ideas in the pot still section here to get you thinking.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby hillzabilly » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:00 pm

G-day mate sounds like you have a plan,welcome to the tribe,have a read of the viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6277 may help ya out.cheers hillzabilly :handgestures-thumbupleft:
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby woodduck » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:19 pm

G'day mate and welcome aboard :greetings-waveyellow:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Sam. » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Welcome mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Return to Welcome Centre