Hi from Brisbane

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi from Brisbane

Postby craftbarrels » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi All, I recently came across this site and have found a lot of useful information. I currently have an Air Still and have been using it for the last 5 years using the basic still spirits air fermentation kits. This year I started experimenting a little bit more and doing more research about different type of washes and have successfully been using the TPW recipe using bakers yeast (which is cheap and easy to use). I have also been following MOZR guide (https://imgur.com/1MM0IOo) which i have found really helpful and learning about the different cuts etc.

My mother in-law recently said i could borrow her reflux still to use (need to do a lot more research to see how it works). Also my father-in-law is a Cooper, so he can make all the different size american oak barrels. So I am hoping i can still something up and get him to make me up a barrel. Then i will let it age, and see what results i get. Depending on how that goes hopefully one day open a micro-distillery (not many in Brisbane yet.). But for now I just want to learn as much as i can.

Cheers
craftbarrels

equipment: Air Still
American Oak Barrels

Re: Hi from Brisbane

Postby RC Al » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:24 pm

Welcome Mate
Lots of newbies from SEQ lately - great stuff!
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Re: Hi from Brisbane

Postby woodduck » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Gday mate and welcome.
Sounds like your on your way. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
I would look into a pot or bubbler so you can do some whiskey or rum to put on your barrels, I think they would be nicer than oaked neutrals but you'd still get the idea.

Good luck mate
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Return to Welcome Centre