Hi from adelaide

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Re: Hi from adelaide

Postby Darkwalk » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:18 pm

scythe wrote:Will smell better once you stop using turbo branded packet mixes.

I believe what "jumping on" relates to the plastic outlet and other failings of the T500 still design.

Please do your mates a favour and look at the "how to run a t500 properly" thread

And unless you like drinking plastic collect in glass or stainless steel, plastic will poison you.

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Well it's a TPW and i have read the thread. Yes i nkow i should replace the out with a copper pipe but things for later down the track.

Im not colleting in plastic not sure how you figured i was doing that.
Darkwalk

equipment: T500 25ltr bioler

Postby bluc » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:16 pm

Plastic outlet tube :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby woodduck » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:19 pm

Stay calm mate don't get defensive :handgestures-thumbupleft: . The collecting in a plastic jug was probably just a typo. No one is trying to bash you we all just want what's best for ya mate. Plastic isn't a safe option for alcohol in any conditions so we are all just trying to let you know you should change the output hose as soon as you can. Safety is a big concern for all of us here at Aussie distillers and it may seem like we come on strong but it's with good intentions.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby scythe » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:12 pm

Yeah, no attack intended.

My bad on assuming you were using the turbo packets that usually come with the setup.

Also didn't say you were collecting in plastic jugs but you are using a plastic outlet tube which will have toxic chemicals leached from it by the distillate.
If plastic of any form was safe for storage don't you think commercial distillers would use it, would be much cheaper than glass bottles.

But again Welcome and enjoy the journey your have started.
scythe

equipment: Dreaming of a 4" bubbler

Postby Darkwalk » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:52 pm

It's hard to convey emotion via dam text :) all good :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Anyway Went down sat morning and got some copper from good old bunngings.
Soaked it over night in citric acid bath and let some coke for about 6 hours goto work on it as well.
used a special pluming gas tape instead of straight pluming tape not sure if it going to be any diff?
Here's the end product.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darkwalk

equipment: T500 25ltr bioler

Postby Sam. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:54 pm

Much better mate :clap:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Astro » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:06 pm

throw some of those :banana-dance: :banana-fingers: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: in your next molasses wash :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Astro

equipment: 2" pot and 2" bok on 50ltr elec keg boiler

Postby woodduck » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Nice one mate, even looks better :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby sicksadsam » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:55 pm

Darkwalk wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys :text-thankyoublue:

How did you go mate?
Also, greetings fellow radelaide member! :wave:
Looks like were twinning atm, both very recently made the mistake of buying a turbo 500 x_x hahaha
Ive only just put my first TPW on too, all fermented now and going to put it through the still tomorrow night, looking at trying to make some proper gin using a DIY botanicals basket setup with this run.

Astro wrote:throw some of those :banana-dance: :banana-fingers: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: in your next molasses wash :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Interesting, dont think ive heard that one yet. might have to look into that! I want to make a rum asap, (preferably a darker rum) how will it go with the t500? not amazing i assume?

CSAMags wrote:Hi, I’m also a South Aussie, Davoren Park, buying a T500 soon, but been doing a lot of research on cuts and aging.

If im not too late bro, hold onto your $$$. Ive only had my t500 for a few months and already outgrown it. get a pot still, or better yet, something that you can use as either a pot still or reflux
sicksadsam

equipment: 2" modular pot with reflux condenser. T500 boiler. Good intentions

Previous

Return to Welcome Centre