New to Aussie forum

Say Hi and introduce yourself

New to Aussie forum

Postby TimWalsh » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:01 am

Hi all from the Great White North. Minneapolis Minnesota USA.
I like fishing, hunting, camping.

Wanting to open a distillery so I started with http://www.WalshDistillery.com website.
I have a 26 gallon milk can. I made 6" diameter 6" tall sections, copper bubbler column. I can add/subtract bubbler plates 1-12 depending on what I want to try.
Continuously experimenting and reading.

I have been reading everything I can on distilling. I have a moonshiner friend who gave me an all Rye Whiskey recipe but no instructions (no secrets). I have tasted his stuff and it is fantastic.

So I have made several batches of really bad stuff before finding several distilling forums to get educated.
At the beginning it went like this. 1) CUTS he didn't say anything about cuts. 2) Temperatures and PH, I didn't take chemistry. 3) Iodine I don't have a cut, what does that do? And so on.
I'm light years ahead of when I started out from these forums. Thanks for the information.

Tim :text-thankyoublue:
TimWalsh

equipment: Reflux still

Re: New to Aussie forum

Postby Lowie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:27 pm

G'day Tim, and welcome mate. I reckon you might be able to share some of your stuff with us too!
Lowie

equipment: 4", 4 plate "Frankenfurter" copper bubbler and blockhead on a 50L 3000W electric boiler, 10000W controller - don't even know why I need that much, all grain HERMS system through 18G HLT keg and 50L mash tun.

Postby Wobblyboot » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:56 pm

hello cordial man :greetings-waveyellow: do u post anything without a link to an advert :think:
Wobblyboot

equipment: 4" glass bubbler

Postby woodduck » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:12 pm

Hi Tim, welcome mate.

Glad to hear the forum helps. Keep up the reading and you'll be fine :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Return to Welcome Centre