G'day everyone.

Say Hi and introduce yourself

G'day everyone.

Postby ozwi09 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi all. My name is Rob and I live in Yeppoon, Central Qld. I started off brewing about 20 years ago making some of the most horrible tasting beer know to man. Fortunately my beer making skills improved over the years to the point where I stopped buying commercial beer and only drank my home made brews. I threw away the bottles and got into kegs which made life a lot easier. About 3 years ago my wife bought me a T500 for my birthday. The upside for her was an endless supply of rum and I got my supply of scotch and bourbon. Anyway, for 3 years I followed the T500 instructions to the letter and what came out the other end seemed marginally ok. I tried different methods of filtering and it improved but was still only ok. It was just by chance that I sold my home made kegerator and kegs to a bloke who has a fair bit to do with this site and he invited me around to check out his still. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. The mad scientist had a work of art in his garage like I had never seen before. He introduced me to his 4 plate glass bubbler thingy and I have been hooked since. I have followed his advice and registered here and I am thrilled with the amount of info on here. It is mind blowing. I have done my first tpw wash and at this moment I am running it through the T500 following the advice on this site. I am also splitting it into 200ml lots in jars and will be trying my hand at doing cuts tomorrow. Thanks to my new mate I have a renewed motivation to play around with my big boys chemistry set and try to knock out the best product I have ever made. After all, isn't that what this is all about? Hopefully it will be good enough that my wife might upgrade me to a pot still for my next birthday. You never know. I will let you know how I go. Cheers.
ozwi09

equipment: Still spirits T500

Re: G'day everyone.

Postby Sam. » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:40 pm

Welcome mate, sounds like your on the path of enlightenment :D :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Professor Green » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Welcome to AD mate.

You will be amazed at what a difference a good wash and cuts will make to your product.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby woodduck » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:07 pm

Hi there, welcome :greetings-waveyellow:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby The Stig » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Couldnt read post.
Paragraphs and grammar non existent, head hurting, English lacking :law-policered:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby RC Al » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 pm

About those beers you poured.....
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby Doubleuj » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:44 am

Gday mate, you’re welcome to come back around anytime :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Glad I could help you improve your drink, because that beer fridge has improved mine :obscene-drinkingdrunk:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby ozwi09 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:30 am

Thanks everyone and thanks WJ. I will take you up on that. Maybe I will finally get my mate around but he might be scared of the whole mad scientist thing :scared-eek: Cheers
ozwi09

equipment: Still spirits T500

Return to Welcome Centre