New from Brisbane

Say Hi and introduce yourself

New from Brisbane

Postby mjcj01 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:51 am

G'day All....new to distilling and I am very keen to give it a go. Got interested from a few mates at work who are right into it. Thought i would start with a brew shop rig e.g. T500 then started to read a few forums to optimise it's use. Well since reading copious amounts of info over many many weeks i have come to the conclusion i will leave the T500 in the shop for someone else! I know it is cheaper to build your own , however i do not really have the time or more importantly the skills!! Therefore i am looking for a builder out there to make a still for me.
I should state that i plan to make rum / bourbon etc as well as neutrals for flavouring and gins down the track. Therefore i am looking for a modular pot and reflux column still. Thinking of a bokabob only because as i understand it it is a good entry unit and easy to run. feedback welcome as my head is spinning :? at the moment, and more importantly any good builders on this forum who makes / sells to home users?
Thanks in advance
mjcj01

equipment: 50l Keg Boiler.....2"Inch copper pot still with 1m of packed reflux column.

Re: New from Brisbane

Postby Sam. » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:12 am

5 Star Distilling is your choice here to purchase a still.

Or have a look at the for sale section, there might be something that interests you.

We don't allow still builders to advertise here as it has become a very ugly situation in the past.
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Professor Green » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:40 am

Welcome to AD mjcj01.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby mjcj01 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Sam. wrote:5 Star Distilling is your choice here to purchase a still.

Or have a look at the for sale section, there might be something that interests you.

We don't allow still builders to advertise here as it has become a very ugly situation in the past.

many thanks....chasing a basic reflux column doesn't look like FSD sells these...only bubblers / plates....which look amazing!!!!
mjcj01

equipment: 50l Keg Boiler.....2"Inch copper pot still with 1m of packed reflux column.

Postby woodduck » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi and welcome :greetings-waveyellow:

I would give Andrew from 5star a call. He might have something that would suit you. 5star used to have bokas but not 100% sure if they still do.

Good luck mate. Take your time and make sure you understand exactly what you want before buying something :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby mjcj01 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:43 pm

woodduck wrote:Hi and welcome :greetings-waveyellow:

I would give Andrew from 5star a call. He might have something that would suit you. 5star used to have bokas but not 100% sure if they still do.

Good luck mate. Take your time and make sure you understand exactly what you want before buying something :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Thanks...
mjcj01

Return to Welcome Centre