Hi from a long time lurker

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi from a long time lurker

Postby clintonb » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi guys and girls,

My name is Clinton and I have been lurking around this site for around 10 months now reading and rereading everything I can possible find that I think I might need to know or want to know about distilling etc. I drink pretty much all spirits but mostly drink Bourbon/ Tennessee whiskey and my other favourites are Vodka, Gin and Scotch. I am also very partial to beer and wine as well.

My plan is to build a 4" bubbler with a carter head that is reconfigurable so to reuse some of the parts for different configurations.

The plan is 7 plates X 5 one inch caps with 3/4" riser and downcomer and a 25mm bath depth, complete with a 600mm packed section. Two of those sections would then be reused when the carter head is needed.

I am currently gathering bits and pieces and have accumulated pretty much all the copper I think I will need at this stage. Just finalising my plans before I pull the trigger.

Anyway thanks to all the guys who have come before us with a wealth of knowledge ^:)^

When I am ready I will start a build thread and ask some questions that I may still have even after all the research I have done.

Cheers

Clinton
Last edited by clintonb on Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clintonb

equipment: 118L SS boiler with a copper 4 Inch, 8 bubble plated column and a 650mm packed section complete with a carterhead and gin basket.
35L SS boiler with a copper 2 Inch pelican pot and gin basket.

Re: Hi from a long time lurker

Postby Sam. » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:15 pm

Welcome here mate, sounds like you have done your research, I’m sure you will do well :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Doubleuj » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:32 pm

You’re all over it Clinton welcome to the forum :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby woodduck » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:34 pm

Hi there :greetings-waveyellow: welcome

Good luck
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Professor Green » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:47 am

Welcome Clinton.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Return to Welcome Centre