Hi from WA

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi from WA

Postby baders » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Gidday all. Looking forward to learning from here and elsewhere. It's a fascinating hobby to be sure. Experimented with a small Chinese pot still with mixed success but will be getting a Brewhaus 8 gallon pot as the next step and really interested in AG and flavours and nuances. I'm an electrical engineer/sparky/process tech so hopefully can contribute to that aspect and have made my own controller (yet to be tested). Anyways, cheers !
Last edited by baders on Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
baders

equipment: Brewhaus 8g pot.

Re: Hi from WA

Postby Professor Green » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:14 pm

Welcome to AD baders.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby hillzabilly » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:19 pm

G-day to another westy,sounds like ya have the skills but lack the right gear,took me about 5years ta figure that out after finding the site.cheers hillzabilly :handgestures-thumbupleft:
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby woodduck » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:59 pm

G'day mate and welcome aboard :greetings-waveyellow:

My advice would be to have a read around here before making any purchases. The rig your looking at may well be a great rig and the best one for you but wouldn't hurt to see some other options and what others think of them before buying anything, nothing worse that realising 3 months down the track you should've bought something different.

Good luck mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Arismac » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:37 pm

Welcome from another Sandgroper. Please check out the 5 Star Store before making a still decision. Great gear, great service. I had no choice other than to go for a T500 but there are better.
Arismac

equipment: none left

Postby dans.brew » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:04 pm

Welcome baders! :greetings-waveyellow:
Like the others have said, do pleanty of reading before you buy and the newbies corner is a great starting point.. its easy to rush into it and buy something overpriced or even worse, a rig that doesn't do what you thought it would or should do.
Good luck with finding your exact path to take!
dans.brew

equipment: Pure Distilling Reflux Still
2" Pot Still with lieberg
4" x 4 plates Bubbler with 2"bubble caps on 50ltr keg boiler

Postby baders » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:40 pm

Arismac wrote:Welcome from another Sandgroper. Please check out the 5 Star Store before making a still decision. Great gear, great service. I had no choice other than to go for a T500 but there are better.

Thanks all. Let's just say that the Brewhaus landed in my lap for the proverbial "song". Probably just another step I realise, but enjoyable just the same in learning the craft.
baders

equipment: Brewhaus 8g pot.

Return to Welcome Centre