Hello from the Sunny Coast

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello from the Sunny Coast

Postby Brazy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Hey guys I'm from the Sunny Coast and recently got back into distilling after a couple of years off. I'm only rocking the air still at the moment but am looking to upgrade to a reflux so I can get the most out of the TPW and Bran washes I've read about on here. Made some pretty rough stuff with the turbos so I'm looking forward to trying out the different washes to see how much better they really are.

Cheers,
Brazy
Brazy

equipment: Looking to get into an entry level reflux still after getting into distilling with an air still from the father in law.

Re: Hello from the Sunny Coast

Postby hillzabilly » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:38 pm

G-day mate and welcome,keep an eye on the for sale section ,the humble air still is a start nun the less as I did too.cheers hillzabilly :handgestures-thumbupleft:
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby woodduck » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Welcome mate.

I'm sure something will pop up.

Enjoy the forum :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Professor Green » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:16 pm

Welcome Brazy.

Turbo vs any of the tried and proven recipes is like chalk and cheese. Even with your Air still, switching to any one of the cereal based washes is going to be a massive improvement over the turbos.

LIke the others have stated, stills come up for sale all the time here or if you're impatient, 5 Star offer a good range of the best gear you can buy.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Return to Welcome Centre