Another newbie

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Another newbie

Postby Swinners » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi guys another newbie kicking off this addiction.

I have just been given a still from a friend of mine who came across it in a a shop that he was dismantling. I believe it is either an Essencia or fuselex copy of the previous. Not knowing too much about this I’m enjoying looking into everything on this forum and I am half way through the safety section now.

My plan is to start of with just making neutrals and flavour it with essence. As I learn more we will see where it goes from here.

Thanks in advance for all your help on this interesting journey.

Thanks Luke
Swinners

equipment: Essencia still

Re: Another newbie

Postby Sam. » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 pm

Welcome mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

The safety section and newbies corner will answer most of your questions, if there is something your struggling with just ask :-B
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Professor Green » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:47 pm

Welcome Luke.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby hillzabilly » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:32 pm

G-day Luke ,is it the blue (essencia) and I think the other is grey,I have my dads old one I played around for a while before scaling up for speed and volume,we mostly all have started from such humble beginnings ,just replace the plastic output pipe with silicone or copper tube and get a silicone bung for the thermometer,packing may need attention after a long time between runs ,so a strip down and soak in citric acid or vinegar for all parts and a good flush of condenser's with water to check for blockages before a cleaning and sac run .cheers hillzabilly ;-)
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby woodduck » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:16 am

Welcome :greetings-waveyellow:

It will be a good starting point mate, nothing wrong with shop bought stills just remember they have limitations.

All the best mate
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Swinners » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:34 pm

Thanks guys. It is the grey fuselex one I believe. It is brand new never been run so giving it a cleaning run this weekend. I have my first turbo wash fermenting now so should be good for next weekend all things going well. :dance:
Swinners

equipment: Essencia still

Postby Hazy250 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:26 am

Welcome fellow newbie
Lifes good when your not paying 22 dollars abottle in tax give or take
Hazy250

equipment: Pot hand made copper

Postby Doubleuj » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:33 am

Gday Luke, that turbo will be great for a cleaning run, not so great for drinking though. Should try a tpw or other neutral wash from the recipe section :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Return to Welcome Centre