G'day all

Say Hi and introduce yourself

G'day all

Postby justlearning » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi all,
Thought it was about time i introduced myself.
I hail from Canberra.
Just gotten into this hobby over the last 12months, following on from home brewing.
Pretty much did everything the hard way so far. picked up some copper learnt to braze, then thought i better learn to Tig weld/braze so i could make a boiler and braze larger copper, but that was always going to be a big part of the hobby. Love tinkering!
It's been a fun journey so far and i'm hooked.
i've made some neutral i've been really happy with, but the grail for me is going to be getting some good Islay rip off, and a decent sipping rum happening.
A number of you (Woodduck, Mr Tinkerer) have inspired me to take on a 4" bubbler project (i'll have to do a thread now i suppose)
anyway great to be a part of the community! :D
justlearning

equipment: 2" Reflux Liquid Management with a window
Based on the Carriage Still on this site

Re: G'day all

Postby Doubleuj » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Gday mate and thanks for the intro. :handgestures-thumbupleft: sounds like you’ve caught the bug hard :happy-partydance: good luck with the build and yes a build thread is mandatory, we love pics around here :dance:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Re: G'day all

Postby woodduck » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:30 am

Hi Mate, welcome to the forum.

Building is one of my favorite parts of this hobby. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to build lately but there are some ideas busting to get out of my head and to the bench.

All the best with the build :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Return to Welcome Centre