Hi all noob from Brisvegas

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi all noob from Brisvegas

Postby punkyBrewster » Fri May 08, 2020 2:21 am

Wow, so not used to this way of communicating, took me a good 2 hours to figure out where the hell I was, that was after trying to set up my profile. I feel like such a technological dinosaur. Anyways I guess I'll get better at this the more I visit. I've been stalking around in the different topics looking at all your wonderful info. New to all of this. I've done some natural fermentation with kefir grains and various fruits and herbs to make low alcohol wines and ginger beers, but this is next level. So excited to be here and to learn. I can see this quickly becoming an obsession. :-D
punkyBrewster

equipment: Pot still

Re: Hi all noob from Brisvegas

Postby dans.brew » Fri May 08, 2020 6:19 am

Welcome mate! :greetings-waveyellow:
You'll get the hang of things soon enough. There is a bit of info on how to post pics and links on the forum in the newbies corner.
Prob a good idea to have a good look through the newbies corner actually, if you haven't already. Kwikstillers guide to cuts is another must read.
Anyway, good luck learning a great hobby.
dans.brew

equipment: Pure Distilling Reflux Still
2" Pot Still with lieberg
4" x 4 plates Bubbler with 2"bubble caps on 50ltr keg boiler

Postby Doubleuj » Fri May 08, 2020 7:23 am

Hi Punky, welcome to the forum.
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby Sam. » Fri May 08, 2020 9:53 am

Welcome mate, you figured out your first post should go in the welcome centre so your already doing better than half the members here :laughing-rolling:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby punkyBrewster » Fri May 08, 2020 11:31 am

Thanks all
punkyBrewster

Postby Professor Green » Fri May 08, 2020 8:25 pm

Welcome to AD punkyB.

I'm sure it won't take you long to get the hang of the forums.

The stilling bug does seem to bite hard! I recommend you take your time and not dive in right away though. Read all the stuff in newbies corner a couple of times to get your head around the distilling process then have a think about what spirits you want to make. This will put you in a good position to figure out what kind of still is best suited to your purposes.

Also, don't be afraid to ask questions but the "Search our site" link below the forum banner is a great way to find out if your questions have already been asked and answered.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby punkyBrewster » Sat May 09, 2020 12:43 pm

Just wanting something nuetral without flavor as I am wanting to make herbal tinctures. Loving the recipe section, I think I'd like to try some of the fruit ones too or something with honey. I'm not a big drinker my son has put his hand up to be the taste tester. Have a 25L molasses wash (for the son) and 50L tpw wash fermenting now. Both recipes from here. Both recipes followed to the letter. Will keep researching and reading here for the time being.
punkyBrewster

Return to Welcome Centre