Howdy Folks

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Howdy Folks

Postby Chainski » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:14 am

Hi Folks!

Finally decided to create an account after a few months of browsing the forum as a guest.

Typical Newby brewer here. Started out brewing ciders and beers in the coopers kits for years, eventually upgrading to glass carboys, and now onto distilling!

Purchased the T500 kit last month with all the turbo gear. Fermented and distilled the turbo gear (It was included in the kit, so went for it) and done a batch of TPW too. Already sold on the TPW wash as a go to recipe for learning the roots! over the moon with the quality of the yield, and how cost effective it is!

Anyway, I look forward to having a read of all the recipes and tips and tricks you guys have to offer!

Happy brewin'
Chainski

equipment: T500 setup

Re: Howdy Folks

Postby Professor Green » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Welcome to AD Chainski

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby Doubleuj » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:18 pm

Gday chainski, my commiserations on the t500 :laughing-rolling: but well done on switching to a tpw early
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby Tesla101 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:00 pm

Welcome chainski. I'm sitting here sipping on a beautiful cold brew coffee liqueur made with a T500. Before that I had a couple of G&Ts made with a T500 that me and the missus reckon is better than Hendrick's, so they're not all that bad as long as you learn how to run them.

But the distilling bit is only a small part of the process, there's lots to learn about fermentation, doing cuts, aging, cooling :teasing-blah: :teasing-blah: and this is a great place to learn it. The folks here are pretty nice too. :D

Enjoy!
Tesla101

equipment: ......

Return to Welcome Centre