G'day Folks

Say Hi and introduce yourself

G'day Folks

Postby TheLazyWombat » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:02 am

G'day Folks,

Greetings from locked down Victoria... just wanted to say G'day to everybody as this is my belated first post... I'm currently in the early stages of pulling together a commercial setup in Victoria. It's going to be a slight career change for me but one that will be a lifestyle choice for my family and I. We live regional so are fortunate that we're not under Stage 4 lockdowns... yet. But I hope, regardless of where you are, that you and your families are well and keeping safe during this time.

In regards my distillery I'm looking at setting up for gin and whiskey... currently in the process of obtaining information/sourcing a still and the final setup. Current thought at this time is a 500L still, a 4x and 12x bubble cap column, gin basket etc etc... I want to go steam for heating and will also be incorporating a mash/fermentation setup for my base and whiskey production. Eventually I'd like to expand the range to include some different spirits to make the most of the flexibility that my still will provide with the column setup but, as with all things, you have to walk before you can run. It's been an interesting ride so far and I look forward to where it's going to lead. I have certainly come to understand why it's not for everybody though... you have to be committed to wade through the process.

I'm sure I will have many questions - some maybe dumb - but I appreciate the groups patience and collective wisdom. I'm not the sort of person that asks a question out of laziness and not wanting to find the answer myself so please be assured, when I do ask a question, I've at least tried to find the answer first.

Stay Safe...
Last edited by TheLazyWombat on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheLazyWombat

equipment: I don’t yet own a still but am looking at setting up a commercial operation with a 500L pot still coupled with a 12 & 4 plate bubble column

Re: G'day Folks

Postby Professor Green » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:29 pm

Welcome to AD mate.

Not wanting to sound like an arse here, but I would recommend having a go at hobby distilling before embarking on a commercial scale operation with no distilling experience.

Whilst there is the odd commercial distiller here, this forum is predominantly for hobbyists so you're probably not going to get too much information on starting up a commercial venture.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Re: G'day Folks

Postby Doubleuj » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:54 pm

Gday mate, welcome to the forum but like the professor I have to ask about your experience first. There is a steep learning curve to this hobby and without the experience I’d hate to see you or anyone fail at a business.
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Return to Welcome Centre