Hi from Kalgoorlie

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi from Kalgoorlie

Postby Jedstar » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:01 pm

Hi guys,

I have been a voyeur on here for sometime, trying to get a feel for the forum, what an amazing source of information and experience, I am a noob having only been involved for a year or so. Thanks to this forum I can see now I am going to be investing in some serious equipment upgrades. I see now I have trodden down the very well worn path of the HBS and the infamous T500 and everything Turbo. I plan to be going through MacStill at 5 Star of course and looking forward to making some next level hooch, I like making and drinking rum & some whiskeys now and then for a change. Again it is fantastic to have so much information and experience on hand, every single question I have had so far I've found the answer in previous threads and consequently haven't posted because I felt there was nothing to add. Anyway cheers one and all. :text-thankyoublue:
Jedstar

equipment: FSD 4" Visualizer Mk2 with 250mm Packed Section , FSD 50L Milk Can with 2 x 2400W Elements + FSD Controller . FSD 4” Modular Pot that has grown up.

Re: Hi from Kalgoorlie

Postby Wellsy » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:53 am

Welcome Jetstar

I have no doubt you will still find uses for your current gear. I equally have no doubts at all that you will very impressed with the build quality and functionality of what ever you purchase from 5 star
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Andrew » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:55 am

Hi Jedstar,
I have replied to your email, Im glad you decided to come out of the shadows :handgestures-thumbupleft:
I tried to explain everything in the email but feel free to call me and we can have a chat.
Cheers
Andrew
Andrew

equipment: Anything I choose From The 5 Star Range

Postby Professor Green » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:23 pm

Welcome Jedstar.

Andrew will definitely get you sorted with the right kit for your needs. If he hasn't already that is!

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby Jedstar » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:41 am

thanks guys, yes I've pulled the trigger and am looking forward to the arrival of the new toy. I just last night tried some spiced rum I made using some of techniques I've picked up from this forum (the thread on wooding your spirits) and boy of boy my liquor is now at another level. Absolutely wrapped. No more turbo, and much more craft. Cheers guys
Jedstar

equipment: FSD 4" Visualizer Mk2 with 250mm Packed Section , FSD 50L Milk Can with 2 x 2400W Elements + FSD Controller . FSD 4” Modular Pot that has grown up.

Postby Wellsy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:07 pm

Congrats Gedstar

You are well on the journey now mate, you will run out of fermenters before you know it
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Jedstar » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:53 pm

Wellsy you read the play perfectly, still hasn't even arrived and was down at Bunnings getting a few more fermenters. Shed sounds like a symphony with all the bubbling going on. :-D
Jedstar

Postby Wellsy » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:35 pm

Lol
I am only reading the play because I am just ahead of you :laughing-rolling:

Next issue will be how to store the low wines and how to age the finished product

I have a 50 litre boiler so the 60 litre fermenters work for me mate. I have also used the 220 litre barrels for my vodka ferments. But as it is starting cooling down that will be less of an option.
Wellsy

Postby Jedstar » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:27 pm

putting a shout out to any members of this forum located in Kalgoorlie that are interested in meeting up for networking etc.
Jedstar

Return to Welcome Centre