Heyo!

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Heyo!

Postby TheRealMrMessy » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:22 pm

Evening all.
Once again it’s past my bedtime, 5 hours until the alarm goes off. Once again again I’m sitting here wondering why I’m on aussiedistiller rather than asleep… but for many years I’ve been a reader come creepy secret admirer who has picked up a lot of tips over the years, and figured it was high time I registered and said hello.

Hello!

Right I’m done byeeeeeee….. :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

Okay okay FINE! Sydney chap, very casual distiller since 2007, stuck with the neutrals mostly until earlier this year when I wanted to start making my own pirate sauce. Have upped the game recently with some FSD purchases, some temp controlled fridges, and far too many fermenters. Had a Frankenstein monster of a home made VM unit before that I’m not sure how it didn’t launch to the moon more than once, now enjoying the relative simplicity of the boka LM and pot stills. Going the next step though as indeed just today I emptied my bank account into FSD again and got a 4” visualizer on its way - though I have to up the boiler game too before I can play that instrument properly, and now my landlord is selling so patience is needed. Trying to finish my rum generations before I have to move, dodging open house days :whistle: . Fun times!
TheRealMrMessy

equipment: FSD Boka/Pot & Visualizer

Re: Heyo!

Postby Wellsy » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:11 am

Welcome mrmessy
You won’t go wrong with the gear you have accumulated so far :)
It’s a great hobby but very addictive. Not sure how many fermenters you have but I did not think it was possible to have too many lol.
Hope you find a replacement home quickly so you can play with your new toy
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby The Stig » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:14 am

Looks like Santa is coming today mrmessy :teasing-neener: :happy-partydance: :music-deathmetal:
Lets hope nothing jingles when its being opened :))
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby bluc » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:34 am

Sitting up at 5am thinking about distilling is a pretty common occurence. Look forward to lots sleepless nights while progressing through this hobby :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby indenial » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:52 pm

Good luck with the rum and the near gear Mr Messy!
I hope the home sale doesn't hold you up too much. I had home reno's that kept me away from the still for this year up until last week!
indenial

equipment: 50l keg boiler with 3" modular pot, 2" shotgun condensor

Postby Roddersvb » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:12 pm

I do a 4 on 4 off roster and am finding that the 4 off is becoming 4 on the still!
The minister for good decisions is wondering what the hell am I doing on my days off!! :o
I’ve got 2 weeks to explain the excessive flat power bill :laughing-rolling:
Roddersvb

equipment: T-500 boiler with both reflux and pot still condensers

Postby TheRealMrMessy » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:25 pm

Thanks all haha.
I don’t miss shift work - mine was 2 months on 1 month off! Miss the money though…
TheRealMrMessy

equipment: FSD Boka/Pot & Visualizer

Return to Welcome Centre