New Member SA

Say Hi and introduce yourself

New Member SA

Postby DropBear13 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:34 pm

Hey just introducing myself as a new member. I am from SA and I have browsed the forums and used the advice many times and am not new to stilling but have recently upgraded my equipment and moved from sugar washes into all grain mashing over the last couple of years so thought I should join up. I have a 2 and 4 inch modular set-up and 35 and 65lt digiboils which I can run as reflux, plates or pot. My first step up from sugar was trying Odin's cornflake whiskey and I haven't looked back since. All grain whiskeys and molasses rums are my passion but still in the process of learning and refining my skills.
Cheers
DropBear13

equipment: 2 and 4 inch modular still with copper onion, bubble plates, dephlegmator and reflux column depending on the application and mating with 35 and 65lt digiboils.

Re: New Member SA

Postby Wellsy » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:55 am

Welcome Dropbear

Looks like you are well advanced on the path many of us are exploring. Many of the guys here know are great deal of the process and are happy to share that experience to save the rest of us hours of research

Enjoy the journey
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Professor Green » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:22 am

Welcome DropBear.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby iOnaBender » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:11 am

Welcome DropBear
iOnaBender
Site Donor

equipment: FSD 4" Mac 5 SSG
125ltr NANO Pro boiler
FSD 2" Pot Still
75ltr Insulated Mash Tun
95ltr HLT

Postby RuddyCrazy » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:30 pm

G'Day DropBear :handgestures-thumbupleft: Welcome to the forum mate from another South Aussie :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Throw in your location just a general too as there could be a heap of members not that far away :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Return to Welcome Centre