Newbie on page

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Newbie on page

Postby Gerry77 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:39 am

G’day Distillers young and old,

Names Gerald I’m Gerry77 I am an amateur distiller only being making alcohol for approximately for 3 years I still have much to learn. I live in Calen,Qld which is 65kms north of Mackay,Qld. I have a Facebook group called (removed by Stig for safety) it’s only a small group I only kicked it off about 2 weeks ago on there I do tutorials, recipes etc of how I make my mashes etc so if you want to check it out feel free. Currently right now I have a corn, wheat, barley, mash fermenting away a total of 185 litres of the stuff, I also have 60 litres of Maple syrup & barley rum mash on the go, and yesterday I decided to try and make a Japanese sake using Japonica sushi rice so I’ll see how that turns out, as with a sake you don’t distill it you wait for it to clear then bottle it as it’s a wine not a spirit.
Anyway I look forward to learning new things from you guys.
Regards,
Gerald
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by The Stig on Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerry77

equipment: Homemade keg still

Re: Newbie on page

Postby The Stig » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:59 am

Might want to blur out the Rego number on the Pajero
Last edited by The Stig on Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Re: Newbie on page

Postby Wellsy » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:27 pm

Welcome Gerry

Have fun mate. Probably a good idea to follow what Stig suggested as no one wants the boys in blue running up on our doorstep.
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to Welcome Centre